Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shankar (self employed)     10 September 2009

Dishonour of cheque against court order

Hello friends,

I would like to bring to your notice that we have filled a case against a person who has issued a cheque for rs.70000 before 5 yrs u/s 138 of N.I Act.On 01/09/09 the Judge has given the party one month time to repay the amount .The party has given us a cheque for Rs.10000 dated 02/09/09.When we presented this cheque to the bank , the cheque has returned back for insufficent fund.Pls guide me what should be done to punish him and to finish the case quickly.

Learning

12 Replies

GEERTHI KANNAN (ADVOCATE)     10 September 2009

Shankar where r u from,

what is the status of ur old case?

whether any judgement is pronounced?

If s whether appeal is pending?

Chandra Shekhar Sharma (Manager Legal)     10 September 2009

To my understanding, the replaced cheque is nothing but a cheque against your earlier debt, hence a 138 case can again be filed in the matter. On the other hand he can also be proceeded for non-compliance of court order.

Request learned members to correct me, if  I am wrong.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     10 September 2009

You plead before the court on grounds of contempt by the party against the party which has issued the cheque and also proceed legally by issuing a notice for dishonour of cheque.

(Guest)

This is contempt of court order. File a criminal case for misleading and cheating. 

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     11 September 2009

Mr.Shankar filed contempt petition against this order and filed other complaint under section 138 N.I.act of the dishonour of cheque.as per prescribed rules and regulation.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     11 September 2009

First initiate 138 proceedings then wait till 1/10/09 to proceed in the old case. coz court grant him time to pay within one month and one is not over. May be he has issued the cheque but may be he pay you the money in Legal notice of 138 proceedings.

Good luck

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

PARTHA P BORBORA (advocate)     11 September 2009

u may file another 138 NI Act as well as the Court concerned may drow a proceeding for comtempt of Court. but the matter shuld be informed the Court in black and white as soon as possible.

vinjamuri ranga babu (advoctes/attorneys)     12 September 2009

hello,

you can file a criminal complaint u/s138 of NI act.

vr

G.Balakrishnan (Legal &Financial consultant)     12 September 2009

Hi,

Go to police station with court order and file Criminal complaint

G.Balakrishnan,Advocate,Madurai

(Guest)

Both Mr.Vinjamuri Ranga Babu and Mr.Balakrishnan are right.

Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2009

One thing is not clear whether the Ld. Court passed such an order at your instance or on it's own. If the same was passed without your consent then such an order is bad in law as the Courts cannot force a party to settle.

If the same has been passed at your instance then the only remedy you have is to file a fresh case for the new cheque.

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     12 September 2009

You first issue notice u/s 138 of n.i.act.  after 15 days of recept of your notice you file new complaint u/s 138 of n.i.act. 

You may bring above facts before you pending case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register