LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Manager)     31 August 2013

House owner not returning deposit amount

I vacated rented apartment on 15-Jun for which I had given 80K deposit back in Jan-2011. The owner seems to have sold the apartment now. For 2 months, I had been following up with owner for refund, he never denied or indicated holding back any part for damages etc. After 2 months, he said he will keep 20K & refund 60K. He is not providing me line level details of damages and quoting it as "I have arrived at the amount considering 50% of the re-painting cost of around 30K, bathroom door fixing incl. handle and fixing tap / other fixtures particularly in master bed room." The damages he is talking about is due to seepage of water and normal wear-tear. As of today he has refunded 60K. What can I do to get my 20K? I do not have an active agreement. We signed one in 2011, but it got expired. I have all conversations in email. Please help.

Learning

1 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     02 September 2013

only lawful deductions that can be taken from the security deposit are those needed to pay for: any unpaid rent, for cleaning but only to bring the rental prperty back to the same condition in which it was rented .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register