LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swagath (md)     22 August 2013

Bar council rule 52

one of my friend has passed LLb and he is a Doctor by profession and wants to practice both full time (Advocacy) and part time his clinic for about 2 hours is it possible whioch satte bar council give permissio and what is the proccedure please tell me

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     22 August 2013

At which Bar Council he has regitered himself as Advocate ?  You are from which place..

swagath (md)     22 August 2013

he has not registered he has just passed he is from karnataka

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     23 August 2013

Ask him to contact Karnataka Bar Council office

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     23 August 2013

Your friend is a Doctor enrolled in the Medical Council of India to practice Medical Profession. He passed LL.B.  wants to enroll in the Bar council of Karnataka to practice Legal profession full time and Practice Medical Profession 2 hours per day. You find out Bar council Rules of Karnataka Bar council framed under Advocates Act, 1961. Whether Doctor enrolled in the Medical Council of India to Practice Medicine, is eligible to enroll  Bar Council of Karnataka to  practice full time as Advocate and practice Medicine two hours per day. I cite  Judgement of Supreme Court of India Dr. Haniraj L. Chulani V. Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa, Judgment delivered on  08-04-1996.  Dr. Haniraj L. Chulani  Practicing Medicine as Surgeon wanted to enroll in the Bar Council of Maharashtra &  Goa to practice Legal Profession after passing LL.B.  and after court hours he wanted to Practice his Medical profession.  Supreme Court held that without leaving Medical  profession he does not have right  to  Pratice Legal  Profession and a person can not be allowed to practice morethan one profession. Appeal is dismissed. 

swagath (md)     23 August 2013

sir i do laso have read that judgment but after that BCI has amended the rules it says

1.      Nothing in these rules shall prevent an advocate from accepting after obtaining the consent of the State Bar Council, part-time employment provided that in the opinion of the State Bar Council, the nature of the employment does not conflict with his/her professional work and is not inconsistent with the dignity of the profession. this rule shall be subject to such directives if any as may be issued by the Bar Council India from time to time.

swagath (md)     23 August 2013

and second pont is the Charted accounatnts and auditor get enrolled and practice both but y not for a doctor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register