Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rekha (-)     20 August 2013

How to start home based business legally

Hi sir,

I wanted to start home based clothing business like selling kurtis/legging etc., i just need legal procedure for this...i dont want to set up a shop...

thanks

rekha

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     21 August 2013

The basic requirement for registering your business will be to obtain a tax payer indentification no ( TIN) from the commercial taxes department of your state. This can be done easily by using their online submission facility. Once you get this no , you can issue bills quoting the TIN no  to your customers and for making purchases required for  your business. 

rekha (-)     21 August 2013

thanks sir for the reply... i am running a small business at home selling kurtis where i live...recently one of the trader sent some legging which quality is not good , so i sent back and he have resold to somebody and refuse to pay my money back Rs.14000. this amount he gave me cheque and last friday i deposited and it got bounced back... when i asked him ,he said... he will not give and he is ready to face legally...what shall i do sir... pls advice me

rekha

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     22 August 2013

You need not worry. Bouncing of a cheque is a criminal offence under negotiable instruments act and is punishable with an imprisonment and fine. The correct procedure will be to issue a legal notice within 15 days of the bouncing of the cheque- this is to inform him to repay the amount he owes you. If he does not pay within the next 15 days, you can initiate legal proceedings against him. 

2BHelpfull (Other)     22 August 2013

First send notice  ,if opposite party doesnot pay the amt within 15 days of receiving notice ,then file case of bounce chq. u/s 138 of NI Act.

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     05 September 2013

Dear Sir  Firstly you have to send him a notice that if he will not give your money back in a given time that is mention in notice then you will file a case of cheque bounce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register