LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish (Engineer)     19 August 2013

Tenant - not vacating apartment

I have rent out my flat in New Delhi to a lady in on a 11 month lease. She moved her stuff but was not moved physically into flat since 4 month. On enquiry, she said was not well, hence was unable to shift. I asked her to vacat the apartment and gave her 1 month notice which is now over (all verbal, i have no record). 

She has still not left that place and now not answering my phone. I went to my flat and some other fellow is living there and refused to talk to me. 

Please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

g.sankar (n-a)     19 August 2013

FIRST REPORT TO THE POLICE.AND ASK TO FIND OUT YOUR TENANT.ALSO INFORM ABOUT UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF YOUR FLAT BY SOME ONE UNKNOWN TO YOU.

2BHelpfull (Other)     20 August 2013

Originally posted by : Satish

I have rent out my flat in New Delhi to a lady in on a 11 month lease. She moved her stuff but was not moved physically into flat since 4 month. On enquiry, she said was not well, hence was unable to shift. I asked her to vacat the apartment and gave her 1 month notice which is now over (all verbal, i have no record). 

She has still not left that place and now not answering my phone. I went to my flat and some other fellow is living there and refused to talk to me. 

Please advise.

first find out whether the other fellow is her husband /son??

if not ?

THEN find out  if the original lease Doc. has clause for sub-lease or not?

*if there is no clause of sub lease . n if she has sublease ur property then she has to vacant it as it is Breach of Lease agreement.

if not.

then complain to POLICE about TRESSPASS in ur Flat.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 August 2013

other person is tresspasser.  He may have been cheated by your tenant. Move to police first.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register