LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (manager)     11 August 2013

Absconding tenant - keeping his house hold things

The tenant of my home is absconding. What is the remedy available for the owner?

Please note.

The tenant has given deposit which is equal to 6 months rent.  

There are computers, tv, fridge, washing machine indeed all household things in the home. Police is not ready to lodge a complaint against them.

His brother is willing to vacate them, is it ok for us to take possession,

One lawyer says its fine  - there relative can vacate,

What is the procedure to take the position, if applicable, for this case.

Pls. Reply. 

We are in trouble kindly helping us, no rent , neither we can take a position, Police is also not helping us,

They suggested us to go to court. 

Which is the best way to close this problem, 

Kindly help us, 

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     11 August 2013

is he paying rent regularly, even during his absence, if not go for RCOP and get an order and proceed further with Eviction orders and get it done . that is the only way, only thru proper court order things can be lifted with proper inventory records, 

Dear Sir, I appreciate your response, Thanks a lot, Well we have not received rent for 4 months; eventually agreement is also expired, My current tenant is abscond with his family, Now his daughter & my tenant's brother, said they will vacate the home, they are ready to sign in agreement. Is it a right procedure Sir, Can we take position after they vacate, My lawyer said "Yes they can Vacate" Signing in 100rs Bond for vacating My QUESTION is can we allow my tenant's daughter to vacate home, she is not married, Prior to 8 months. My TENATS DAUGHTER was staying here only, Due to transfer she left home, Is she is eligible to vacate the home on behalf of his father I appreciate your response in advance Kiran

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     11 August 2013

yes, as your advocate said u take a undertaking in the prescribed format of your advocate, and take possession as early as possible. kindly go ahead and do it as per your advocate advice. 

Sir , thanks again for replying again Sir is it legal to vacate home from my tenants daughter & take possession . Is it right procedure Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register