LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj singh malhotra (officer)     08 August 2013

Credit card fraud

I have faced a credit card hacking and online huge transaction on my card, i informed bank to stop and donot appreciate anything within about 15minutes of sms/phone alert but now bank is pushing responsibility on me. I have done all police action and many complaints till that time. pls help in detail asap on all fronts

Learning

17 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     08 August 2013

have u log a complain in cyber cell .

"now bank is pushing responsibility on me."

can u explain in detail which responsibility???????

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     08 August 2013

As per Banking Policy every credit card company has to monitor suspicious transactions on credit card  of the customer i.e. risk management department of the credit card company has to keep a tab on the suspicous behaviour of the credit card use.

Did the credit card company called you for the verification of the transactions done with your card??????

Do you frequently do transaction online for such amount????

Kindly revert back.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 August 2013

Post the infomation as asked by experts/members.

If it is phishing attack, bank is responsible.

Approach your lawyer as ap.

You may not prolong to remain entangled with this CC Company which shall not own the responsibility till an order by court of law is issued in your favor.

In the meantime you shall get reported to Credit Bureaus.

You may find the following threads and attachments useful.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Credit-card-fraudlent-transactions-84806.asp#.UgOx29KAqWM

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Bank-s-liability-for-phishing-fraud-67455.asp#.UH1uBO-bcwc

https://www.qadit.com/blog/?p=1153

Banks responsible for hacked customer accounts

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Fradulent-transaction-from-my-bank-account-72268.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Internet-fraud-72353.asp#.URy5MTcw9JI

raj singh malhotra (officer)     09 August 2013

yes lodged all complaints but may be no action and pushing means, informing me to be liable to pay all

raj singh malhotra (officer)     09 August 2013

They in few minutes and I strongly refused to carry any such and informed them to block, dishonour same. NO I donot do such high transaction, pls guide

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 August 2013

Record all calls. Don’t talk much other than denying the transactions and demanding full investigation report and address of vendors where all transactions have taken place and copy of charge slip. Let them say whatever they want to say.

Don’ waste your time with customer care executives, collection agents, recover agents…………………….Their motive is only one: to drive you into such a situation that you pay.

Approach your lawyer specializing in such cases. Issue notice.

Get injunction from court from reporting you to Credit Bureaus.

Finally: You may proceed as deemed fit.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 August 2013

query is vague.

WHere were you and where did the transaction take place.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     12 August 2013

Dear Friend,

The remedy is certainly available to you.Banks are under obligation of DATA PROTECTION. If you have reasonable evidence to establish the facts that you have informed the bank immediately after first suspicious trancation I don't find any reason why relief is not possible.Its essentialy a CIVL REMEDY and few citations are available.Kindly contact CYBER LEGAL CONSULTANT for further advice.

raj singh malhotra (officer)     14 August 2013

Dear Sir, I was sleeping at my house in delh very early morning and I got a call from bank risk dept informing of online transaction in usa, i told them to stop all immediately but still more happened and are billed to me. pls help me

raj singh malhotra (officer)     14 August 2013

pls guide me any suitable lawyer in west delhi

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 August 2013

you have a stong point tht you and your card were in india and transaction is in USA.  The card is cloned. OPn your request the bank is bound to freeze further use of the card.

raj singh malhotra (officer)     17 August 2013

yes logged complaint every where but no use,

pls guide me any suitable lawyer in west delhi

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     18 August 2013

Dear Friend,

As earlier suggested by me you have civil remedy available for recovery of the money,provided your complaint meets the desired parameters.

You can call 09422109619 or mail mahendra@cyberorgindia.com for further advice.

raj singh malhotra (officer)     11 September 2013

How to confirm that this credit card hacking(fraudulent transactions/usage without knowledge of owner)  is Phishing............ pls guide

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register