LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreenav (Sr. Manager)     04 August 2013

Land occupied by someone else

My father bought a land about 33 years ago. He died about 20 years ago. before the death he has told about the land.We didn't search for the land till 2010. With the help of documents we have found the land after lot of struggle since the land was sold as 10 cents out of 3.92 acres mentioning the four boundries. one was a main road. this is currently been subdivided into plots. 

When we idenfied it is found that around 1 cent of land is taken for the road. about 2 cents are encroached by next plot owner for his complex. The remaining is claimed to be owned by someother local influential person. This person says that my father has sold this plot to somebody and it has transferred 3 different hands and finally this person claims to have bought from the trail. I am sure my dad hasn't sold this to anybody.

The original documentation is with us, upto date EC shows our my dad's name only.

when asked for his documentation he is not ready to show but says he is ready to face me any form. When I approached the local officials, nobody is ready to help me.

In this case,

1) How to proceed to tackle both the encroacher and the person who claiming to be owning the vacant plot. 

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Sreenav

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     04 August 2013

You will have to initiate civil and criminal proceedings against the encroachers.  Pl engage a legal counsel to guide you on seeking an injunction against the encroachers and for recovery of property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register