Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shobith (ABC)     03 August 2013

Employer not responding properly for pf withdrawal

Hi,

I was working for a company in Pune and I resigned that company in January 2013 and joined a new company in bangalore.

I have completed all the formalities which were in the appointment letter and joined the new company in bangalore.

At the last day of my relieving I had submitted the PF withdrawal form. Now When I enquire with my Previous employer with the current status of PF submission, they are not responding to me properly saying this will be submitting  this month, next month etc... This is happening from the last six months and i dont have any updates whether my PF form was submitted to PF office or not.

I have checked the claim status on the PF website and I dont get any details.

This had happened with my several colleagues and seniors also. After they go directly to the previous employer asking for the status they will say "Sorry your form was misplaced please fill a new application and submit to us". This was after 1 and 1/2 years after submitting the PF form which is irresponsibility.

What should i do in this case now? As i cannot go to Pune and i am currently located in Bangalore and the Employer is not responding properly to mails and calls...

Thanks,

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2013

You have posted that:

---------“Employer is not responding properly to mails and calls............”

“This had happened with my several colleagues and seniors also.”

All of the affected employees may submit a representation in writing under acknowledgment,  addressed to good offices of appointing authority, MD, CEO, Company Secretary, highlighting that on dated……………….PF withdrawal forms were submitted to Mr/Ms……………… ..designation……………………..dept…………………..name of company…………….address…………………..in person in office and narrate all representations made thereafter so far { mention dates of phone calls (mention phone numbers and keep the bills), emails, names of company personnel} so far………………………………….and conclude that within next ……………days company should supply the acknowledgment issued by concerned PF office (for you) to you along with PF account slips for each year of service by redg. post only, so as to reach you in next…………………….days.

Demand payment of cost incurred by you on all reminders…………………….from concerned HR personnel.

All affected employees may keep each other in BCC………………………………thus each one should stand as a witness to each other.

If the good offices also do not comply to your demand and their statutory liability all affected employees may lodge a complaint thru RPFC (at their present location) against the good offices by name (of current occupant of the chair)……………………………………Attach copy of emails shared by each other with complaint.

Impress upon the RPFC to depute the PF Inspector to visit the HR personnel and fine them.

The HR personnel responsible shall get penalized, and in future he/she shall not harass other employees.

---------“At the last day of my relieving I had submitted the PF withdrawal form.”

Do you have the acknowledgment? Get into the habit of submitting everything under acknowledgment.

Avoid such personal matters from official email id which can be blocked anytime.

Imp. Point: You can withdraw if you are unemployed for 2 months……………………………It is illegal to withdraw if you are not unemployed.

You may go thru the declaration signed by you on being unemployed……………………….

You may pursue the “Declaration of Non Employment” to be made on the From19 for withdrawal and Para 69: 1 (e) in The Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme, 1952.

It is better to transfer the PF thru current employer, keep the a/c regular for 10Y and be eligible for pension. There are many other advantages………………………….you may go thru;

www.epfindia.gov.in

https://www.epfindia.gov.in/sites/pdf/CitizenCharter.pdf

If you withdraw you may loose a portion from EPS component of funds in you’re a/c……………..

---------“they will say "Sorry your form was misplaced please fill a new application and submit to us".

Record these calls and make them say sorry in writing.

{Thereafter if you wish all of you may apply for transfer of PF account.}

It can not be coincidence that they shall loose forma every time for everyone.

If they have acquired habit of loosing then let them loose their job this time.

In future they won’t loose forms even if they are asked to loose by their masters.

-----------“This was after 1 and 1/2 years after submitting the PF form which is iresponsibility"

This is rather willful and intentional.

The PF forms should have been attested and attested copies should have been handed over to employee with 5 days. Employee can submit forms on his own to PF office.

Or the forms should have been submitted to concerned PF office in 5 days.

The acknowledgment issued by PF office should have been supplied to employee by redg. post.

----------“i cannot go to Pune”

You can submit forms thru local PF office at your current location.

Still if wish to withdraw you may get the PF forms attested by any of the designated officials e.g. BM of your bank and submit……………………..

All of you may act to drill sense into the heads of the past employer and its concerned personnel in HR……………………………….

However submit under proper acknowledgment.

Submit anything and everything under proper acknowledgment. Prefer redg. post.

As an employee get into the habit of consulting elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm………………………………….be a member of employee’s works committee(s), guild, IC, trade union and be properly informed……………………..

There are many threads on PF at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/display.asp?cat_id=9&forum_id=51#.Ufz-a9KAqWO

You may find these relevant and useful.

Attached File : 529950230 517051422 89456778 citizencharter epfo.pdf downloaded: 106 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register