LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NANDAN MUKHERJEE (Director)     30 July 2013

Relief for handicapped tenant

I am a handicapped tenant. I am 75% disabled with amputation in right leg above knee.

In 2010 i rented a dda flat in ground floor as my mother is 70 yrs with spinal problems @  Rs 10000 per month .A simple rent agreement was made for 11 months . In 2011 i met a road accident and as a result my right leg was amputed with multiple injuries . After my return from hospital i was allowed to stay for another 11 months @ 11000 per month.As i was bed ridden i could not search for alternate accomodation and so again he extended my stay for next 11 months @ 12000. Then he thretened me with dire consequences  if i failed to vacate his premises.As i suffered from infection  in amputed part i had to be hospitalised and could not vaccate.Some of my well wishers approached him and on several requests my tenancy was extended but rent was increased to 14000. Agreement  was made on a 100 stamp paper with a clause that i would have to pay 1000 per day if i failed to vaccate the premises. Then again he said he would make registered rent agreement .Agreement was made in May but its photocopy was handed over to me in july. The matter was regarding 1000 perday was absent in registered agreement  but when a photocopy was handed over to me i found same clause was again incorporated in photocopy.It seems to be doctored.He refuses to accept cheque and says he does not have bank account.Please tell me can i get any protection from law? Can a disabled tenant in delhi be forcefully evicted? Do rent agreement do not have any model contract codes? If i fail to vaccate my flat then what to do to safeguard myself? please suggest. .I have a security deposit of 20000 with him.He along with property dealers are harassing me daily

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 July 2013

There is no separate provision for tenant handicap or healthy, it is purely on mutual agreement basis. Once the landlord do not want to continue you to be his tenant, no law can provide relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register