Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B Manigandan (Editor in Transcription (General))     29 July 2013

Mental harrassment and discrimination

Dear Sir,

I'm B. Manigandan from Chennai. I work in a BPO firm (transcriptttion) as an Editor since September 2008. I am the best employee in our firm and I'm being used as a scaffold for the personal interests of my TL. I have just submitted my resignation to my GM and he has accepted it. I'm going not on my own accord, though. I was provoked by the mismanagement and misconduct of my TL and the verbal abuse (using filthy language) and threat received over phone. (Our owner is in London and the GM is overseeing(!) the operations here. He is just a puppet.)

I have been bringing my TL's misdeeds to the attention of my management for a very long time now (over 2 years) but they are not concerned about anything. Rather they only are concerned about getting the jobs done daily. Even in my letter I had mentioned that because of the trauma caused by my TL I'm leaving. Nothing was said for that. I have put 5 years now in this company and would like to be with the company as long as it exists but unfortunately I couldn't because of the treatment meted out to me by my TL. Everyone knows about it and they say time will come, Mani. But when I take up the matter every one backs up. None of his deeds are ethical and it does not favour all employees but favouring only those he likes.

My query is, can I claim compensation for 1) provoking me to resign, 2) not taking any action against erring TL despite bringing it to their attention and 3) for threat I received from my TL last month, for which no action has yet been taken and I had to leave for fear of my life. I'm leaving this company now with a 50% reduction in salary in the new company. (My pay here is Rs. 42,000 pm and I'm to join in the new company at Rs. 21,000 pm). I have a family. I can't be punished for being straightforward and for wishing that the management be in right hands.

I'm sure I will succeed if I were to take this matter up because of the facts I have against my TL. Furthermore, it's hearsay that he was chased out of his former employer (which is an MNC but is not in operation now in Chennai) because of the misconduct with a female employee there. He didn't change even after that. He does the same thing here. I have witnesses and evidence for all his misdeeds.

He favours only his wife, sister-in-law and another gal with whom he misbehaves regularly in the office (of course with the consent of her).  This was brought to the attention of our boss, but he is warning me.  Can anything be done to overcome this discrimination.  Please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     29 July 2013

any way u are going to leave that company and what is the point in taking on this TL. if you have a real threat for your life even after leaving the company file a complaint against this fellow under section of 506 IPC, with the nearest police station. all the other matters u have referred will have to be taken care by the company who is running the show for profit

B Manigandan (Editor in Transcription (General))     29 July 2013

Hello Raghavan Sir, Happy to have found your reply. Noted your views, sir.  Can u guide me, please.  Threat, although is a serious issue, is not a lone factor for my tendering resignation. I have had many other problems like discrimination, humiliation, favouritism, etc. My subordinates are being elevated periodically (regardless of their performance) for what I had sown.  It was me that earned a good reputation to my company with my clients in Ireland.  Everyone was announced a bonus of 15 days, and my subordinate was elevated to the post of Team Leader for that project.  I had been retained as Editor and not even a word of appreciation (because management was kept in the dark of who does what and management also is concerned only about getting the jobs done).  All because I'm productive.  Is it a sin or a crime being productive?  I am made stagnant like a pond, not made flowing free like a river where others could use its resources.  I attach for your view my resignation letter.  Please advise on same, sir.  Can I file a case in labour court for discrimination, etc against my leader or for the devil-may-care attitude of my employer? I would seek compensation for abusing me in filthy language and issuing threat to me, which should prove as a deterrant to those erring.  (I've already lost sleep because of him for the past 2 1/2 years and now losing half the salary every month, which is bulk).  Looking forward to your valuable suggestions, sir.

Attached File : 748246344 resignation letter.doc downloaded: 83 times

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     29 July 2013

read ur statement all incidents u have mentioned are related to executive decision, so u cannot question them, u can speak only for yourself,and as regards filling case in a labour court i think these are not proper grounds.labour court will come to your resuce only in case of default in salary payments and other related issues,from the statement it shows u are very attached to the company, all those what u have mentioned in your statement are common in most of the offices. so try to look out for new opening and forget this issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register