Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     24 July 2013

Regarding return of stridhan

Hello experts,

i have filed divorce petition 4 years back which is still pending as not even an inch is moved as yet and last year she had filed e-petition for return of stridhan. I have returned all her jewellery duly signed by her and her advocate in the court itself except 1 mangalsutra which i had given her and 1 ear ring which belonged to my mother who died when i was a kid... She is claiming for these two ornaments also..

To tell you the fact, due to my financial conditions, i had to sell out mangalsutra which i had given her and i do not want to give her the ear rings because thats the only memory i have of my mother... 

Can anyone tell me how do i defend myself in the court ?

Learning

4 Replies

NGOKC (pm)     25 July 2013

say you do not have ornaments and offer her money in lieu of the cost of the same

Stridhan is her property , you will not be able to deny her these ornaments

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2013

you confessed that you did not return "except 1 mangalsutra which i had given her and 1 ear ring which belonged to my mother who died when i was a kid.."

you are guilty of s/406 of IPC.

Victim of Greed (Worker)     26 July 2013

Thank you Mr.  NGOKC,

I had bought mangalsutra for Rs. 7,900/- without bill from a local Jeweller who is my dad's old friend and I sold the same to him for Rs. 8,500/-. So, I can tell him to be present in the court and tell the judge that I had sold him mangalsutra for Rs. 8,500/-.

Victim of Greed (Worker)     26 July 2013

Also, she had claimed for ornaments which was never there before. The Judge had told her to prove it in the Court but she is unable to do so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register