Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Deshpande (Lead)     22 July 2013

Service tax imposed by builder

Hi,

Let me first give out details before posting my quetion.

15-Feb-2010 - Builder requested for completion certificate to the local corporation office

14-March-2010 - I completed my registration of purchase of flat from this builder, paid 2.5 lakh registration fees.

30-March-2010 - Builder received completion certificate.

15-May2010 - Builder was fully paid with 40 lakh of rupees in a single cheque, by my SBI bank as home loan.

17-Aug-2010 - I took posession of the flat.

When I booked the flat and purchasd, it was in complete state, but waiting for completion certificate. I had not paid a single rupee before the builder applying for completion certificate.

From the above timeline, Can you please tell me whether builder can charge me with Service Tax?

Thanks in advance,

Rahul Deshpande

Learning

1 Replies

Rahul Deshpande (Lead)     22 July 2013

Sorry for the wrong timelines... here is the correct information:

Hi,

Let me first give out details before posting my quetion.

15-Feb-2011 - Builder requested for completion certificate to the local corporation office

14-March-2011 - I completed my registration of purchase of flat from this builder, paid 2.5 lakh registration fees.

30-March-2011 - Builder received completion certificate.

15-May2011 - Builder was fully paid with 40 lakh of rupees in a single cheque, by my SBI bank as home loan.

17-Aug-2011 - I took posession of the flat.

When I booked the flat and purchasd, it was in complete state, but waiting for completion certificate. I had not paid a single rupee before the builder applying for completion certificate.

From the above timeline, Can you please tell me whether builder can charge me with Service Tax?

Thanks in advance,

Rahul Deshpande

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register