LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     04 December 2009

My office out of RTI Act's purview: CJI

What Mr. Balakrishnan said was his personal opinion; not a judgement of the Supreme Court. Please don't get exercised over it.

I believe that what CJI or any other Judge speaks in public fora or in interviews has no sanction of law.

Delhi High Court has already rejected SC's appeal against CIC's order. Today only, believe it or not, SC has filed an appeal against Delhi High Court Judgement. 

Where? In the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court filing an appeal in the Supreme Court!

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     04 December 2009

What Mr. Balakrishnan said was his personal opinion; not a judgement of the Supreme Court. Please don't get exercised over it.

I believe that what CJI or any other Judge speaks in public fora or in interviews has no sanction of law.

Delhi High Court has already rejected SC's appeal against CIC's order. Today only, believe it or not, SC has filed an appeal against Delhi High Court Judgement. 

Where? In the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court filing an appeal in the Supreme Court!

v.lakshminarayanan (prop)     29 December 2009

dear mr.agarwal

this is also really unfortunate. what is happening to our judiciary? ideally the supreme court should not hear an appeal from its own registry.

and can you please send me the link to the order of delhi high court rejecting the registry's appeal. i believe they constituted a special three member bench a few months to hear the writ appeal. has it been dismissed? if so, it is very good news.

i think the whole appeal became infructuous and meaningless when the assets were declared(?) on the supreme court website. 

it is impractical to aver that the office of registrar is totally distinct and different from that of CJI.

but it is correct that information about the deliberations of judges, notes taken during hearing of cases etc. cannot be shared unless the judgements are out on public domain. a similar protection is available in the RTI act for the cabinet deliberations. a similar exemption can be given to the high and supreme courts.

thanks    

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register