Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maverick03 (NA)     02 July 2013

Need help in understanding the defamation lawsuit

HI Experts,

Am very new to this forum and gone up, down and scross to find really helpful information for seekers.

Background:

A consulting firm who are mainly into headhunding, staffing, immigration etc.

Consider me as an ex-employee. (Reason for leaving was in light of non-legitamate practices and lack of monthly payments for more than 2 months)

Case:

A group was formed with ex-employees and current employees who know about the misdeed of this company and started preparing a concensus to file a complaint.

This group primarily originated on consumer**********.com.

I also posted my comments on the site about my experience and supporting the cause.

Also, group jointly logged compaint (I had provide my email consent as I was unable to travel each time)

Now, I recieved a notice from Sr. inspector, Cyber Crime, CID, DN Road, Mumbai asking me to be present in person in their office to provide my statement with respect to above. As per their explanation, company had logged a complaint against all who commented on the above said site as well as Goog*&.com. They want us to validate the account ownership and motive of commenting.

My query:

The account which was used for commenting is already deleted many moons ago. And I am no more commenting about the company since more than an year.

What should my course of action?

Thank you all in advance.

PS: The petitioner company are people with big pockets.

Regards,

maverick

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 July 2013

first of all try to get copy of complaint and after that state full facts of your complaint, may be we can help

maverick03 (NA)     03 July 2013

Thank you Mr. Quershi.

I am also curious about any alternate process of sending my statement to the Cyber Crime cell.

I am not in Mumbai and have to travel a lot if I have to be present in Mumbai.

I will try to get a copy of the complaint.

Also, the lawsuit can be found here. (sent on PM)

Kind Regards,

maverick

maverick03 (NA)     04 July 2013

Hi All,

Kindly respond with any alternate solution for not been able to personally present for providing statement at Cyber Crime Cell.

Otherwise, I have to start travelling today night and waste 3-4 precious days.

Please help!!!

Regards,

maverick

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register