Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAKESH KUMAR (Student)     30 June 2013

Made payment by mistake

Sir/Mam,

I made a payment by mistake with my ATM card. Please tell me is there a way I can recover the amount.

Regards

RAKESH 

Learning

5 Replies

Jolly LLB (PRACTICE)     30 June 2013

How did you paid by ATM swipe or online banking? If you made payment by swiping your card at any POS provider then recover from that person to whome you made payment and if you made payemnt online its quite difficult to recover but still there are chances of recovery. You can not approach bank in this case because you made payment with your own free will by entering your password and bank has no responsibilty for ATM transaction carried by you . And make sure you keep record of the payment slip of that payment.

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     30 June 2013

If its transfer in same bank then approach to the bank and tell your story and afterthat take the detail of that person and coordinate with him/ her. If not received and positive sign then issue a legal notice through the Advocate.

kawal preet singh (prop)     04 July 2013

HI IF IT IS POS MACHINE U CAN GET IT BACK THEN AND THERE ITSELF ,, IF IT IS ONLINE THAN CONSENT OF TRDER AS WELLAS BANK IS REQUIRED

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 July 2013

sketchy facts.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 July 2013

Any payment made bymistake is recoverable under section 72 of the Indian Contract Act,1872.....

Advocate kapil chandna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register