LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BISWAJIT DAS (Service Engineer)     29 June 2013

I was forced to work for 2 companies

I worked in a company for 2 years. After that I resigned. The compant used to force me to work for their sister concern too. They issued me ID card for two companies. But the appointment letter was for only one company. as long as I was with the company I cound not raise my voice in sake of my employment. Now since I have left the company may I claim additional salary for working in the siater concern?

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2013

give full facts. whether you worked beyond prescribed hours. whether PF has been deposited. whether bonus has been paid.  whether bonus has been paid out of proceeds of both companies.

I had to work for the two companies simultaneously. Sometimes I had to work extended hour, number of times I had to work exclusively for the second company only. On some days I had to work for both the companies.

PF has been deposited for the 1st company only. Appointment letter was in the name of 1st company only. Bonus, in the last year, was paid  in the name of first company only. So, now may I claim additional salary / benefits for working for the sencond company too?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2013

you can claim additiona salary

you can claim bonus out of proceeds ofsec ond company as well. 

VISHNU PROMOD SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     30 June 2013

Since You have appointment letter for one Co. only, you cannot claim addl. salary now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register