LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lalit rishi (lawyer)     26 August 2009

consumer

I purchased a sony ericsson mobile phone from the mobile store. They charged Rs. 14,999/- from me. I went to another dealer to purchase some accessories after half an hour as the same was not available with the mobile store. there I came to know that the cost of the mobile is Rs. 11,600/- only. I also took a quotation from the dealer for the same mobile. I went back to mobile store and showed them the quotation and asked for the refund. First they refused then after checking their computer system they found that they had overcharged me Rs. 500/- and returned me Rs. 500 and corrected it in the bill by making a cutting in the same. But I asked them that they have overcharged Rs. 3399 and the same be refunded, but they refused. the MRP of the phone is around 16,000 but the mobiles are never sold on MRP. I have been cheated by the Mobile Store, i have filed a consumer complaint. can u support me with few judgements.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Anil Shah (counsellor)     27 August 2009

this is where the consumer protection act has failed, grahak jago has no meaning unless such a case can be dealt  with in singapore way, which is straight nearing, no adjournements, and judgements pronounced and dictated in open  evening courts at the same time.

This is real time legal recourse, in India there will be a one case, appoint a lawyer for consumer court, pay for getting matter heard through conventional non conventional means and go for ten adjournments, file affidavits, written statements etc, reply to w.s.,  so your cost is easily 10,000 or more, And a good 10 to days of working time spread over years !

who has that kind of time and money , except the rich, consumer protection is only for the rich-- who are looked after by the consumer companies in any case ! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register