LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Banker Harpreetsingh (Patent Agent)     21 June 2013

Rti co-operative soc audit reports

I had applied to the PIO Dist Registrar Ahmedabad (Rural) for Audit reports of many years of a certian Co-operative Society. The PIO provided me with the Audit reports but without the List of members which is worthless to me. I have Appealed to the CIC and he has warned that he would penalise the PIO with 25,000/- penalty. But my problem remains. The PIO says that he is unable to provide because it does not exist. And when i did physical verification it was not there in the record room.  

My querry is that What further action can i take so that i am provided with the Audit reports including the List of members?

Learning

1 Replies

manmeet singh (self employed)     21 June 2013

Dear Brother.

PIO is bounded by law u/s 19(7) of the RTI Act to comply the order of Information Commission but unforuntly no one law is in parctical to comply the order of information commissioner because IC has no power to comply his own decision if PIO shircks to comply the decision of IC  so you should aproch higher court like high court or other tribunal which is applicable by law to get desired information and there, PIO will explain that why did records weeded out under which law or order 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register