LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jimmy (business)     25 August 2009

Fraud Tenent Vs Landlord

there is a problem which we landlord are facing. there was one tenant who is used to stay with us some time back. he had no

legal proof that he was our tenant. he never used to pay the rent on through cheque. one and half  year back, he used to stay

at the courtyard consisting of one room and toilet and used to pay Rs.3000 per month. later on he shifted on the top floor

comprising two rooms , verandah and kitchen and toilet and the rent was Rs.6000.

he shifted upstairs by concocting a story that he is going to get married, and taking advantage of my old grandmother who is

90+ and a handicapped father who is total mute and deaf went upstairs.

after few months we came to know that he is a fraud and had taken loan worth lakhs of rupees from different banks and ran

away from our premises without any notice and handed over the keys of the floor in an unathorised way to a lawyer who is also

known for his notoriousness and filed a case against my grandmother alleging all false complaints like we have broken their

lock, threw their belongings, misbehaved with them.

in lieu, of that we have also hired a lawyer who is suggesting us to break open the door. is it feasible to do like this when

in my opinion there is a police record also that he was our previous tenant..

Do advise, Thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register