Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     12 June 2013

Cst act and procedures

Centtral Sales TAX .

PROCEDURE:

Every dealer who effects inter-state sale is required to register with State sales tax authorities who are empowered to grant registration under CST Act. Application should be in form ‘A’. Security has to be furnished. Certificate of registration will be in form ‘B’.

PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION

1. The dealer must make an application to the concerned authority in the appropriate state, in Form A within 30 days of the day when he becomes liable to pay tax. The form contains the following details.

(i) Name of the manager of business

(ii) Name and addresses of proprietor or partner of the business.

(iii) Date of establishment of business.

(iv) Date on which first inter-state sale was made.

(v) Name of the Principal place and other places of business in the appropriate state.

(vi) Particulars of any license held by the dealer.

2. Single Place of business – If a dealer has single place of business in the appropriate State and he is registered in that state, he shall apply to the sales tax authority of that state only for obtaining registration under central sales tax Act

3. More than one place of business in the same state – If a dealer has more than one place of business in the same state , he shall select one of these places as the principal place of business and , get only one certificate of registration.

4. More than one place of business in different states. If a dealer has more than one place of Business in different states, he will get a separate certificate of registration with respect to each state.

5. Fees for Registration is Rupees twenty five to be paid in cash or court fee stamp.

6. The application has to be signed by, in case of –

• Sole proprietorship , the proprietor

• Partnership firm, any one the partner

• HUF, the karta

• Company, the director

• Government, authorized officer

Grant of Certificate of Registration sec 7 (3)

If the application is in order and assessing officer is fully satisfied with the facts contained therein, he will register the dealer under this Act and issue a certificate of Registration in Form B. If a dealer has more than one place of business then additional copies of certificate will be issued.

All items of purchase and sale must be included in CST Registration Certificate. Otherwise, these are not eligible for purchase at concessional rate.

*FORMS

Form C, E-I/E-II, F, G, H, I and J have been prescribed to avail concessional rate of CST. Form C and E-I/E-II and F are required to be collected and submitted on quarterly basis. In case of forms H, I and J, no time limit has been prescribed. F form is to be obtained on monthly basis.

If C form is lost, indemnity bond in form G is to be given and then duplicate C form can be issued.

Prescribed forms under CST

Following are the forms prescribed under CST (Registration and Turnover) Rules, 1957.

Form Descriptttion Frequency
A Application for registration Once
B Certificate of Registration Once
C Declaration by purchasing registered dealer to obtain goods at concessional rate To be obtained for every quarter and submitted on quarterly basis
D Form of certificate for making government purchases (D form cannot be issued in case of sale made to Government on or after 1-4-2007) No question arises after 1-4-2007.
E-I/E-II Certificates for sale in transit To be obtained for every quarter and submitted on quarterly basis
F Form by branch/consignment agent for goods received on stock transfer Monthly, but to be submitted to authorities quarterly
G Indemnity bond when C form lost When required
H Certificate of Export Upto the time of assessment by first assessing authority.
I Certificate by SEZ unit Not specified in rules (but should be submitted before assessment).
J Certificate to be issued by foreign diplomatic mission or consulate in India or the UN Agency Upto the time of assessment by first assessing authority.

Really it is worthful for all business people having interstate transaction of business.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register