LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V (a)     09 June 2013

Rectification deed survey no correction apllicable charges

Recently my father made a settlement deed of his property at chennai in my name. This property was gifted to my father by a relative. The relative when purchased had made a mistake in the survey no. Neither the relative nor my father had applied for patta. I am planning to reconstruct the house by taking a bank loan. When I applied for patta I got letter from govt that the survey no is wrong in my document. When I approached a document writer he told me that i need to make a sale deed again paying the Rs 10,000 stamp paper and other charges around Rs 18,000.

1) What is the procedure to correct the survey no by means of a rectification deed in chennai?

2) What are the exact charges applicable for the above case?

Pls advice!

Learning

2 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     09 June 2013

A rectification deed can be made, but you need the presence of the original owner for execution and registration. The Chennai Stamp Duty Act Chennai Stamp duty Act can be found out in shared file on this website after three days. Please download. Find out the item applicable in your case. 

reejas (advocate)     09 June 2013

In the Settlement  deed, rectification deed can be made .only registration fees has to be paid which you can confirm with your sub-registrar office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register