Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G.P.Sharma (Hr)     07 June 2013

Authorized signitory

Dear Sirs,

I have joined in a newly start up company  as an HR& Admin where I am the only  hr person.

There are 4 directors, C.E.O and  1 HR& Admin (me)  and 25 employees in our organization.

Recently my CEO asked me to make authorized signatory on one of my employees relieving letter and I made a signature on the same letter accordingly.  

Here my question is that can hr admin sign on official letters such as appointment letter, relieving and experience letters etc...

If yes, Do I need to get any written authorization letter?

Who is the authorized person CEO or any one of the Director  to issue or delegate authority among the managers.

Is there any need to organizations to have a standard document specifying each and every position’s authority, responsibilities or accountability  which is enforceable in court of law.

I need all valuable suggestions on above mentioned issues. Kindly do the needful.

Thanks in advance……

Regards,

Prashanth sharma

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 June 2013

Officer or representative vested (explicitly, implicitly or through conduct) with the powers to commit the  authorised organisation to a binding agreement.It is legal power delegated by the board of directors.

G.P.Sharma (Hr)     07 June 2013

Dear Rama chary sir,

thank you for your valuable reply. could you please make it more clear for me.

thanks in advance....

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     07 June 2013

In such type of situations, when the signatory has not been delegated specific power in writing, it iscustomary to sign such letters" For and on Behalf of the Company" on its Letter head. The signatory need not print/write his/her name. The letter will be purported  to be issued by the company and not any individual.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 June 2013

The appointing authority or authority to sign on appointment letter is given by board.

G.P.Sharma (Hr)     08 June 2013

Dear Sirs, thank for your suggestions. My problem is i have not taken any appointment letter till now. Shall i ask my CEO for an appointment letter with clearly mentioning my signing authority and jobresponsiblities. What are the main content/clauses should include in my(HR&ADMIN) appointment letter. (Or) suggest me some key points to include in the appointment letter which enables me to enforce in court of law. Please help me out.

G.P.Sharma (Hr)     11 June 2013

Please anyone give some suggestions on above matter.

(Guest)

NO matter the authorization shall be issued by Board of Directors of the organization. However, for authorizing an employee to be a authorized signatory a Resolution to that effect has to pass in AGM or EM.

1 Like

G.P.Sharma (Hr)     04 July 2013

Thank you Yougesh sir. You have cleared my doubt.  if possible could please you tell about resolution in AGM ot EM.

thanks in advance..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register