LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishwa (translator)     23 August 2009

Abuse by public trust

There is a very old and long-standing public charitable trust where I live. It runs schools, dispensaries, choultries for pilgrims etc. It has come to my attention while investigating the misdeeds of my wife and her family that the trustees and employees are guilty of gross misconduct. For example, one of the nursing homes was being used for conducting illegal and out of turn abortions. The chouldtries used for immoral traffic. There is no doubt large scale misappropriation of funds. Is there any way for the management to be brought to book? Public Interest Litigation? Right to Information Act?

The interests of the public are being spoiled while the intentions of the trust founders are being disregarded.

Thank you for your public spirited comments.

Vishwa

Learning

6 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     24 August 2009

file complaint before district magistrate ,

also complaint to c.m.o. for illegal abortions.

and  a written complaint to nearest police station and send ragisterd copy to s.p. .

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     24 August 2009

File complaint before the Charity Commissioner's office about the mis-deeds of the trustees ... alongwith the complaints as suggested by my learned friends herein.

Vishwa (translator)     24 August 2009

Thank you dear friends ShreeGopal, Sarvesh and Dharmesh, for  your valuable advice. Are such trusts obliged to file accounts? I am sure a good accountant can find many inaccuracies in such cases.

Vishwa

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     24 August 2009

yes,

accountent can appointed,but audit of the trust will better.

one more thing u can file a civil suit for appoint receiver to care-taking the trust.

Irudayam (Advocate)     04 May 2011

You may file a Suit u/s 92 CPC in the District Court. Any two persons interested in the said Trust may file the suit. This is cheap and efficacious.

A.Irudayam

Advocate- Chennai

Vishwa (translator)     09 May 2011

@Irudayam

Can you please give me more details about this procedure? What is section 92 cpc?

Thanks in advance

Vishwa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register