Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushanta (student)     24 August 2009

How to know the category of the cases

Hello There,

Could  you please tell me how to know under which category  ( Criminal case, Family matters , etc)  a give judgment is falling ?

I am considering the supreme court  judgments  available at "https://www.commonlii.org/in/cases/INSC/".

Thanks in advance.

~Sushanta

Learning

3 Replies

Anish goyal (Advocate)     24 August 2009

Shushanta brother the site you are visiting doesn't provide for categorization of the cases.

Rizwi (To be.....)     04 September 2009

Hello,

Please tell me whether I am able to file the case in own city or not.

I stay in city 'X'. I have taken addmission in a college which is in city 'Y'. Whether I am able to file the case against that college in my own city in Consumer court or not.

Pls tell about any other cases related to same problem.

Any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Waiting for reply,

Rizwi

Daksh (Student)     23 December 2009

Dear Rizwi,

The place of filing of case is incumbent on the fact of fixing jurisdiction where any cause of action has accrued in your favour.  You have not narrated the facts or your case.  In case you can substantiate the contents of your complaint with written corroborative evidence then the same shall be useful in case any query is put subsequently qua the jurisdiction issue.  Otherwise you send a legal notice afresh from city X stating that you will be filing the consumer complaint therein in case that is not repudiated by the college then it will be a good ground for filing and initiating the consumer complaint on the ground of deficiency of service or unfair trade practice etc.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register