LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santha Kumar (Manager)     03 June 2013

Need advice

Hi, My name is Santha Kumar working in bangalore but basically from Ramanathapuram, Tamilnadu

My mother died 5 years ago after that my father (retired Sub Inspector) got married again and got one kid. i have one brother (married and working as a policeman in ramanathapuram itself) and one sister (one year ago she got married and moved to Rameshwaram, her husband's place).  we have a home which we built 5 years ago through LIC home finance and the land was registered in my mothers name. Still we are paying the premium to LIC. All the years my father and my brother family are staying in that home. Now my father got his second wife to our home which we dont like it and quiet often my father tell my brother to go out of the home. We are OK with our father staying our home but his second wife, we dont want to... How to move on this. Please suggest... recently my father removed my sister's and brother's name from ration card as well. Today my sister went to our home and my father asked her who are you, why you are coming here and all and my sister said its my mother property again my father replied where it is written, just go out.

The LIC home loan is on my father and brother's name

Are we eligible to get our home back?

Please suggest.....

Learning

1 Replies

Bharath (Advocate)     04 June 2013

Do not worry, since the land is under ur mother's name, all of you have equal rights on it, including your father. He is probably still trying to adjust to the new developments in his life and does not know how to deal with the probem of managing two families under the same roof. Try to get to know ur stepmom, if she antagonises you wantonly, stay away from her but continue living in the same house. Try and communicate with your father in a good way instead of claiming or initiating property battles. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register