Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv (Student)     30 May 2013

Mistake in father's name

10th from ICSE Board and in 10th no father's name is mentioned
Then did my 12th from State board Father's name is printed as SHARMA R.C.
and in degree it is same as well SHARMA R.C.
but my father's correct name is RAVI CHANDRA SHARMA
In all my documents like Passport,Pan Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Cast Certificate it is  RAVI CHANDRA SHARMA 

Placed my Father's Surname first(Sharma)  and the Actual Name is in short as R.C. like initials

I'm unsure what name I should use in filling job application and whether during government job verification they will reject because of my father's name. All my documets have correct father's name only in 12th and degree there is a problem

If I want to correct it how can that be done. Your kind help is very much appreciated.
Please help.

Learning

5 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     31 May 2013

Make a representation to the authority that has committed an error. If the error is corrected, it will be a matter of pleasure. If the authority rejects the claim, file a petition under Article 226 of the Constitution and pray for a mandamus commanding the authority to correct the error. I am opening a new thread and attach the judgment of the Gujarat high court. You may go through the contents in the judgment. On such line, you may approach the High court. 

Point out the rules of your School or University that are applicable. 

Please go through the judgment.

Attached File : 995993354 c sca 25312 2006 j 3.pdf downloaded: 119 times

Rajiv (Student)     31 May 2013

Respected Sir, thank you for your kind help. I had gone through your attached file and found it helpful.

Recently I had cleared a government exam and I am pessimistic that during certificate verification they may reject me. All my identity papers bears correct name of my father  only in 12th and Degree I am having problem with father's name. I want to know whether father's name in 12th and Degree certificate is considered for anly legal credence ? whether my efforts in clearing the exam will go waste?

Do not worry. State the true facts on verification. Be transperent. And, if the Government is adament. There are judgments, where a mandamus is issued to re-consider such cases. The appointment cannot be denied only on the ground mentioned.

Rajiv (Student)     31 May 2013

Thank You again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register