LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashokkumar (Asst. Manager)     24 May 2013

Cheating by e-commerce rs. 226500

Jeetle.in is a reverse auction website based at Delhi. I had won 3 products in 3 days which worth of Rs.226500. Immediately they called me and told that they suspect me in group bidding which is against their T&C. Since I did not do anything against them, I never agreed. They said they will investigste and come back. After few days they sent a mail stating that I have involved in group bidding so they barred me from their platform and Iam not eligible to claim the products which I have won and new winners will be announced shortly for those products. Since I have not involved in such illegal matter, I asked them to show the proof of investigation and I explained my views and approaches involved in winning those auction as well. Since I have won on the last minute, they suspet me. I wish to inform here this is time based auction and anybody can win at even very last second if their approach is unique. They are telling that one of the reason to suspect me is the other user also belongs to bangalore. I wish to inform here there are hundreds of users playing from different location, so suspecting because of same locality is not fair. This is going on from 19th April 2013. I informed them that I will take legal action if I do not get justice here. They do not bother about that. I wish to take legal action against them.is a reverse auction website based at Delhi. I had won 3 products in 3 days which worth of Rs.226500. Immediately they called me and told that they suspect me in group bidding which is against their T&C. Since I did not do anything against them, I never agreed. They said they will investigste and come back. After few days they sent a mail stating that I have involved in group bidding so they barred me from their platform and Iam not eligible to claim the products which I have won and new winners will be announced shortly for those products. Since I have not involved in such illegal matter, I asked them to show the proof of investigation and I explained my views and approaches involved in winning those auction as well. Since I have won on the last minute, they suspet me. I wish to inform here this is time based auction and anybody can win at even very last second if their approach is unique. They are telling that one of the reason to suspect me is the other user also belongs to bangalore. I wish to inform here there are hundreds of users playing from different location, so suspecting because of same locality is not fair. This is going on from 19th April 2013. I informed them that I will take legal action if I do not get justice here. They do not bother about that. I wish to take legal action against them. Suggest me how to proceed this case? 1. Shall I file as Cyber crime or 2. Consumer court, 3. Where to file Bangalore or Delhi? Your suggestion is highly appericiatable...

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2013

You were and you are at Bangalore. You may proceed at Bangalore.

Did you pay for any service: Membership Fee etc?

Did you register as a bidder?

Is there any printed invitation and promise to award the registered participant?

Do you have such record?

You may show all the documentation to a smart lawyer and proceed under expert advice.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Ashokkumar (Asst. Manager)     24 May 2013

Sir, Thanks for your reply.

I am a registered user in that website.

Should I proceed as Cyber crime or through consumer court??

Pls reply..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2013

Regret can not make a confirmed opinion.

You may show all the documentation to a lawyer specializing in consumer cases, cyber law and proceed under expert advice.

Your lawyer shall help you to understand the merits, and that you shall qualify to be a consumer or complainant, and that is there a clear consumer dispute, deficiency and that if the complaint would be tenable or not?

You can yourself also go thru :

The Consumer Protection Act, 1986

At: 

https://www.ncdrc.nic.in/1_1.html

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Divya (nil)     24 May 2013

Hi

i have not read ur complete query but there is one act for electronic transactions:

Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007

You may check in depth RBI website: https://www.rbi.org.in/scriptts/faqview.aspx?id=73

There was also an article in TIMES OF INDIA which stated that the penal provisions of cheque bounce = to this new Payment act where payments made electronic if they bounce then similar penal provsisions like 138

Hope my suggestion is helpful

Thanks.

manoj gade (student)     25 May 2013

yes i am agreed with diva

Ashokkumar (Asst. Manager)     27 May 2013

Thank you all,

I will contact lawyer and act as per his advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register