LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Punit (NA)     18 May 2013

Ndps act

Please suggest, if a mixed goods transporter, is caught having Phensydyl in his rented truck, in sufficient quantities, without his knowledge, as the consignor booked the goods as something else, what should be the course of action.

currently a case has been filed with NDPS

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 May 2013

Transporter also liable for crime

Prafulkumar Gupta (Advocate)     18 May 2013

he is not liable but he is bound to face trial.

Punit (NA)     18 May 2013

Respected Sirs',

I would like to request you, to kindly review the case, as the transporter didnt know what material was inside the cartons, while he had booked the goods as per what he had learnt from the party.

And if Transporter, still held liable, what the course of punishment can be?

abhishek (advocate)     18 May 2013

in ndps cases the sentence  depends on the quantity of contraband recovered, in ur case prima facie the transporter is  guilty it would be better if u can provide the related documents like fir or chargesheetn tell me what was the rank of the recovery officer

Punit (NA)     19 May 2013

Sir, problem is that the transporter is unable to get FIR copy.. Currently the driver and the lorry is in police custody along with the contraband.

All the transporter knows is that his name, being the transport owner, is also included in FIR.

abhishek (advocate)     21 May 2013

hire the local lawyer get the fir copy and tell me in which state the present crime has been committed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register