Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun (systems engineer)     15 May 2013

Ancestral property related problem.

Hi sirs/mams,

This is Arjun.I belong to scheduled caste community.My grandfather got the "patta land (3 and 1/2 cent)" from Andhra Pradesh govt.My grandfather has 2 Sons  and 3 daughters.After my grandfather demised,as  my father was the eldest among them,he had to take care of the whole family and with his hard earned money and with the govt. aid ,he built the house.My fathers 3 sisters are married and have  childern.My fathers brother had demised 15 years ago.My father doesnot have anything in his name,still we are struggling for our food and shelter.

My grandmother is alive , wants to divide this patta land and likes to give her share to her youngest daughter.My queries are  1. Is  it right to share patta land if yes ,can be shared among how members and at what proportion?   2. Do my father has the whole right to this,  3.Is there any possibilty that this land belongs to my father as we dont have anything to depend upon.                                                                                                                                                           

Thanks in advance...

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     19 May 2013

First of all please check up whether this particular land have got any alienatbale rights or not.  Normally all the govt patta lands are heritable only and not alienatable (not for sale). One has to go through the contents of patta.  

If it is salable, as this is ancestral property, all the children of your grandfather and grandchildren  and wife of your grandfather will get equal rights.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register