Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijit Ghosh (Consultant)     09 May 2013

Practicing as tax consultant without ll.b.

I am a Post Graduate in Pol Sc, I am a self employed in e-filling of Income Tax Return, Sales Tax Return from my personal computer & I like this job very much. I am aged about 31 yrs.

Kindly guide me how can I start practicing as Tax Consultant without doing LL.B. or registering in Bar Council.

Is there any distance course which will be sufficient for me to work as Tax Consultant from my chamber only. It is not mandatory for me that I have to go court anyway.

Please suggest me. 

Learning

7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 May 2013

In my opinion you can not practice as tax consultant, because neither you are an advocate nor commerce student.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 May 2013

Higher Certificate in Taxation
Presented by the Department of Taxation, University of Pretoria
(Recommended NQF level: 6)

16 February - 9 November 2013

BRIEF DESCRIPTION

This programme offers an opportunity for individuals with no formal education in taxation to obtain valuable knowledge of the subject. The programme will cover the general principles of the tax system in South Africa, including a basic application thereof. After successful completion of the programme, candidates may enrol for the Graduate Certificate in Advanced Taxation, also offered through Continuing Education at the University of Pretoria.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     10 May 2013

Team up with some LLB graduate who is not confident of  becoming advocate.  YOu will find nine in every ten who completed the course.  Just for name sake he is partner of the firm, and you will be doing all your job.  Pay some royalty to him for being sleeping partner.  If such person is friend or relative, you can do without even paying. If any authority questions, you will say, I am manager of firm, signing on his behalf.

FYI.  Services of Advocate are not covered by Consumer Protection Act.  So what advise the firm gives cannot be questioned by anyone in any Consumer forum. 

Only thing that sleeping partner should do is to admit he had given the advice when questioned by anyone. And it is risk free for the reason I mentioned above.  Mohd. Rafi did not learn classical music to become the greatest playback singer of all time in India.  :)

3 Idiots dekhaa haina.  Do the job you like.  All the best.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     12 May 2013

hello,

if you think that you have good knowledge regarding  taxation then you can assist an Advocate and meanwhile you can also pursue LL.B. .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register