Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Virendra Kumar (NA)     08 May 2013

Watching sexual content

Hello,

My name is Virendra am 27 yrs old and  live away from my family , I need some advice from you.

am not employed right now , so to kill the time i buy rental English dvds, like horror and thriller movies and watch it on my PC . Unfortunately all these movies have some s*xual content in it.

Yesterday I was watching a movie and my next door aunty saw it when there was a topless girl getting killed by the serial killer, She thought I was watching s*x videos. I told her that these are English horror movie and said to her that am a major and I can watch these types of movies. Now she and her husband are threatening me that they will report to the police and get me arrested for watching s*xual content.

I want to know whether watching adult content in India is against the law of the land.

Can I get arrested for this.Please help , am very afraid because it will affect my  life and career.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   08 May 2013

This information has taken from lawisgreek on 26.11.2010 legal site

Watching p*rn or adult recreational material within the confines of your private residence is not a crime under the eyes of the law. The Bombay HC dismissed a criminal case against 28 men and 11 women who were booked section 292 (public exhibition of obscene material) of Indian Penal Code.

Justice VK Tahilramani observed that no “public exhibition” was observed in the ‘rave party’ that was being held at a Cottage in Prichly Hill, Lonavala on August 26, 2008. Justice Tahilramani contended that though some men were found watching p*rn film and intoxicated, the venue could not be termed a “public place”.

SANTOSH KUMAR PRUSTY (ADVOCATE)     08 May 2013

I do agree the opinion submitted by Advocate M.Bhadra. as you are adult and your room is not a public place you can not be chaeged u/s 292  or 294 i.p.c.

Virendra Kumar (NA)     09 May 2013

Sir,

Thank u all for your replies , does this verict applicable to entrie India or only applicable to Maharashtra State,

Because right now i live in a southern state.

Virendra Kumar (NA)     09 May 2013

Sir,

Thank u all for your replies , does this verdict applicable to entrie India or only applicable to Maharashtra State,

Because right now i live in a southern state.

krishan murari (lawyer)     13 May 2013

mr. v kumar i agree with advice of my learnt friend and clarify your further inquiry that it is position of law of land which is prevalent in across the india unless any other  conteroversy will raise.if it isquestion of binding force of verdict is concerned that would be applicable only jurisdiction of maharastra but it would guide other court and lawful authorities.

thx

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 May 2014

How old is your next door auntie? I hope she is not your landlady.   Probably her husband may have inadvertently seen her watching the movie. I suggest that you quietly invite the auntie to watch the movie with you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register