LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shouvik (Asst. Professor)     15 April 2013

Legal validity of degree conferred by cmj university

What is the legal validity of degrees conferred by CMJ University - Maghalaya? Being a private university setup by a State Act, can its degrees be rejected by UGC and any other university in India? In case the University does not get recognition by UGC in near future, what will be the validity of such degrees?

Learning

7 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     15 April 2013

UGC will have to recognise it.

Shouvik (Asst. Professor)     17 April 2013

The answer does not throw any light on the legal validity of the degrees offered by CMJ University. Though the University appears in the UGC List of Private Sector University in Meghalaya, can the degrees offered by the said University be rejected by UGC in near future.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     17 April 2013

The answer completely covers the question which was put up.

pinky (student)     11 May 2013

dear sir...i hav been hearing news that the degrees awarded by cmj university will be withdrawn...n will not be regarded valid...is it true? i m scared now..

pinky (student)     11 May 2013

my future is doomed..i know for sure now...

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     19 August 2013

as i came to know  cmj fraud is on phd degree nothing for other degree so possible there is no doubt on other degrees , but check the details

aman chowdhury (owner)     06 October 2013

But the problem is that many universities are not excepting cmj degrees for further studies, many govt departments have cancelled or held promotions based on cmj degrees. And even a state govt has threatened legal action against cmj degree holders..That is why concerned students just want to get some idea to fight the situation.With due apology for the repeatation of question, I would like to know "what can be done if marksheet is obtained but certificate is not  obtained??whom to approach legally ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register