Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya (nil)     12 April 2013

Validity of compromise mou on 3rd parties in 498a, other cas

Dear Experts

My bhabhi had filed false 498a, DV & Divorce cases against my brother and our entire family.

We suddenly received her ex-marriage proofs from an unknown source & this was not told to us when she entered my brother’s life. Also she had herself circulated to her boyfriend of 10 yrs her indecent pictures which her own boyfriend had emailed to us..After receiving these indecent pictures, we had filed a complaint with Cyber Cell and after that the boyfriend was arrested and my bhabhi’s family immediately entered into a compromise with my brother..

My other family members have not signed on this MOU. Only the brother i.e. the husband has signed where both parties brother and bhabhi vow not to file any cases against each other and withdraw all cases against each other..All cases have been withdrawn by my bhabhi as per MOU.

Now my question is:

My family has gone a lot of stress and hell for so many years when all cases were in court. All these cases were void as she was earlier married.

I have lost my career and life due to harassment of these cases as all was done to grab mine and my mother’s properties.

She has equally misled the court as she had hidden from all her earlier marriage status and she was not divorced earlier. All her affidavits and statements were false.

Infact she comes from a monetarily strong background, hence they had equally managed to influence my own lawyer and even the police too.

If my family (excluding my brother) file at this stage some counter actions against her, then please give your expert advice on that. Why should females who are characterless be allowed to file false cases and give harassment to mother-inlaw, sister-inlaw and others with an intention to grab properties and just have a way of their own by misleading the judiciary??

Thankyou

Learning

1 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     12 April 2013

In my opinion the MOU would cover the other members as well as the cases that you or other family members would think of filing would relate to circumstances and conditions that evolved out of that marriage for which you have entered into a MOU and secondly its good to move on when the matter is settled irrespective of the sufferings you and your family went through as it is waste of money and time to go to courts and ultimately you loose mental peace as you remain entangled in these cases though you would not be at the receiving end this time.

though its not impossible to file cases as law is vast and the MOU would not be fool proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register