LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi kumar jain (Executive Assistant)     10 April 2013

Stamp paper

I have purchased stamp paper for the purpose of affidavit, rent agreement & sale agreement on behalf of the company and stamp vendor handed over it to me and wrote my name in his register. I want to know that if the company do any fraud transaction by these stamp papers then what will be my liability?? bcoz i dont have any authority letter to purchase. Please suggest me.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Neha Chowdhary (Law Officer )     10 April 2013

How much is the cost of stamp paper?

Ask ur stamp vendor to rectify name...and make a countersign on that.....

Else while making any kind of agreement put specific clause...."present stamp paper is purchased by Mr.________on behalf of company (_______________), and mr.__________ (You) shall not be personally liable for any kind of transaction.....of whatsoever nature......and only  parties to paticular contract shall be liable in the event of breach,fraud....etc......

Hope this will serve ur purpose.....

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2013

sure you have not givben name of company to stamp vendor so it is in your name. Note most of the stampvendors are semi-literate you have to write the details on piece of paper and only then they will copy correctly othersise spelling errors are almost guaranteed.

These papers cannot be used by company. Not safe for you either to use these papers for company.

ravi kumar jain (Executive Assistant)     11 April 2013

Thanks to both of you..

But sir stamp is in the name of our company but it is handed over to me by stamp vendor... and stamp vendor wrote my name in handed over column but in issued column it is our company name.

issued to                      company name

handed over                My name

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register