Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mathiyazhagan (NA)     09 April 2013

What happens if i don't pay idea datacard bill

Hi,

I purchased idea data card, and used around one month, but i didn't recieved a bill and the connection got disconnected due to non-payment of bill. Later i cam eto know my email addrss was wrongly updated on their database and sent to that invaid address, and i corrected through customer care but i recieved a bill up to current date which i ahve not used.

They told me that i have to pay the rent up to date along with the usage even though the connection was disconnected (due to non-payment of bill). I expalined them mistake is not mine, since i haven't recieved a bill either physical or eelectronic till due date . So i'll pay the amount only for the period of connection is active.

Now they have added the rent for additional three months and sent the legal notice from lawer to pay the full amount...

Can you please advice Is this legal to charge rent for non-usage after disconnecting and fine the late fee without sending the bill before due date?

If so what kind of action they can take?

Learning

7 Replies

VIKAS RAJ CHHAJER (SELF EMPLOYED)     09 April 2013

They don't have any legal right to make such kind of act you have to read terms and condition they have mentioned you will find the way.

They don't have any legal right to make such kind of act you have to read terms and condition they have mentioned you will find the way.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     18 September 2014

U will have to give reply to their legal notice and therein you have to mention the actual situation in written so that, if, they move for recovery or u move to consumer court, then there should be ur reply to their notice in ur support. For further query u may call at 9871158578

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register