LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

queryforme (Misc)     08 April 2013

Marriage engagement break-up

After engagement the person teased the girl with the intention to stop/de-motivate the marriage. He is threatening to stop the marriage. We want get the written statement of the reason to stop the marriage from him. We like to use that document to take legal action against him, if required.

Kindly guide me the process how we can get that document from him, which should be legally valid.

Learning

9 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     08 April 2013

What has given rise to his intentions?

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Hello Sir,

Intention is not clearly communicated from them. But all their own family member not supporting him. But we can't believe they will stand in same manner till the end. As per the latest communication from his family, “he mentally not prepared from the marriage, since there is problem in his job. He may disappear during marriage even if we proceed”

Based on the information collected from our girl he keep de-motive her attitude. Force her to behave like  the girls in 80’s. she should not talk to anyone and should not go and stay in family members home. Intentionally comparing with others. He behaved like Psycho.

Even the Marriage engagement break-up request came from their side.

Thanks

(Guest)
Originally posted by : queryforme

Hello Sir,

Intention is not clearly communicated from them. But all their own family member not supporting him. But we can't believe they will stand in same manner till the end. As per the latest communication from his family, “he mentally not prepared from the marriage, since there is problem in his job. He may disappear during marriage even if we proceed”

Based on the information collected from our girl he keep de-motive her attitude. Force her to behave like  the girls in 80’s. she should not talk to anyone and should not go and stay in family members home. Intentionally comparing with others. He behaved like Psycho.

Even the Marriage engagement break-up request came from their side.

Thanks

Given the fact that marriage itself is a costly affair, you can go around in this forum, you will know why, and the boy not having a proper job or problems with his job, as he is the one who has to feed her after the marriage, now it directly relates to the preparedness of the boy to tie the knot.

Many a time, due to social pressures the boy would succumb to the demands of the society in cases like this and tie the knot. 

Here is a guy who knows what he wants.

Gone are the times when it was considered, "JINKI MANGNI TOOT JAATI HE UNKI SHAADI NAHI HOTI".

He is not prepared for marriage as yet, so find someone else, who is well established in life, good job, house, car, social status etc and marry instead of wasting time here and thinking about what to do about the way you addresss the boy "PSYCHO"!

Sir,

I strongly agree with your points. I like to get the written statement from that person, to ensure safety of the girl in future. In future no one should claim that girl is wrong. That’s the only reason I want have written engagement breakup.

Secondly, we spend more money for this engagement. Simply, a person come and makes us to spend money for this engagement and after few months if he rejects the girl is not good. How we can claim that money?

Thanks

(Guest)
Originally posted by : queryforme

Sir,

I strongly agree with your points. I like to get the written statement from that person, to ensure safety of the girl in future. In future no one should claim that girl is wrong. That’s the only reason I want have written engagement breakup.

Secondly, we spend more money for this engagement. Simply, a person come and makes us to spend money for this engagement and after few months if he rejects the girl is not good. How we can claim that money?

Thanks

Dear querist:

I understand your agony.

But nobody will give it in writing that "MAIN LUCCHA HOON, MAIN LAFANGA HOON, MERI WAJAH SE AUR NAAKABILIYAT KI WAJAH SE MAIN YEH MANGNI TODRAHA HOON"

Having said that, as such discussions are held in front of elders, those elders will act as witness as to what actually happened and as to why the engagement was broken.

You may leave it just like that and the money spent on such function you will not get it back.

If you want to prove a point, take something in writing from the boy, you may just ask the boy to give a letter saying so and so.

But if he disagrees, which am sure he will, and even if you plan to recover the money, it will all be a waste of time.

Though you can approach the women cell for this, it will only make things worse for the girl in the future, as certainly she would be blacklisted for going to the police station.

So my suggestion would be that you leave the matter off here.

Look for a better prospective bridegroom and carryforward from there.

And please click on the the thumbsup icon next to the reply to say THANKS.

1 Like

(Guest)

To add one more thing:

If you are hell bent on getting something in writing and drag the boy and his parents to women cell etc.

Be ready to face character assasination by means of bad mouthing, and in turn following same footsteps of the boy, both the boy and the girl will ensure that their futures will  be bleak when it comes to marriage proposals.  So think, and you may do as you please.

Thank you sir....

Hi Chetan,

Please advise me, if you have any point to handle this issue.

Thanks

(Guest)

@Author

Please google for "LITIGATION", understand what it means. Litigation is too costly. Rest is your decision.

You will not get a penny. Period.

PS: Always remember to do a quiet engagement. Dont spend unnecessarily and there after dont cry. Its a lesson for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register