Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chakram (business)     08 April 2013

Credit card default

Hi Brothers,

I  had taken multiple credit cards in the year 2007 when I was working as a software engineer...my credit history was healty upto 2010 when recession closed my company(my comp not paid my salary for one year) ... After that I was totally down with so many instances of harassment of the credit card agents for payment of money...I broke down my health and went to home .. since then I'm not at all working anywhere and my brother came to my rescue to settle my credit cards, he had spoken to banks like HSBC, Axis,SBI and ICICI... 

They are all talking to my brother about full settlement and when he informs them to send a letter of settlement of that particular amount.. They are lagging and not at all showing interest for years together

I got a letter from AXIS last month to come for lok-adalath... I visited it after travelling for 400kms to the destination.. Axis bank people were sitting outside the Dy Registrar cabin and they told that my card limit is 40000 and I need to pay 96000 with all fines.. I told them that I can pay 20K as I had collected that money from various sources... They are hesistant and came to 48000 and the same answer came from Dy registrar too.. I wondered that how lok adalath cases will be, they are not in a position to listen my words and what they told is final...

Today I got a mail for settlement of 40000 in single EMI and if not paid then they want to send the summons to me from the court..

Can u please tell me what to do now...I dont no anything...

Please help me in this situation.

regards

Chakram

Learning

1 Replies

Anjali Behera (not applicable)     09 April 2013

That is really sad and many do not know that these banks fall for every earning guy to creat a credit card and once they get it done they will suck your blood if you are not careful and in your case having many credit card is surely a big trouble.You must have closed a few ones if you did not wanted them to save yourself from unnecessary fees and expenses and bad purchase habits too when you have some cards with you.Now it is really sorry to say a good option for you will be having one time settlement agreement with the banks and paying the money just close the accounts for ever..and not regularise it.Now if they go for recovery and give notice to you you can reply and show causes they may consider or may not it is their discretion otherwise you will have to face the DRT...etc  Its not good news for you really.sorry

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register