LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

WFMS (Sr)     02 April 2013

Eviction under pagdi system

My father has paid pagdi 33years ago and he was still paying rent till last year, but some portion of the building had collapse a year ago and so entire building was been vacant by fire-brigade and municipal officers, as we had reminded the landlord several time to permit for repairing work but he ignore it as he is too staying in same building with his family as this event cause due to his ignorance, so we had stop giving rent then after. few month later the local politician had mediate for temporary repairing the building so the talent could re-stay in the same building, but at the time of contribution meeting my mother had some arguments with the land lord to contribute more but as usual he denied for the same and did not took our share of contribution to repair the building, and now after repairing he has send us the notice to eviction for a reason he needs the house. I had request him lot to reverse the notice and i will pay him the rent also the double the repairing cost but he denied it and demand for the house only, as the structure is weak so we are not staying in premises regularly but I keep visiting it in two days regularly.  

Note: Landlord(Mr.”X”) had taken the land on the lease of 50years form  Mr.”Y”  and constructed a building and Mr.”Y” has taken it on lease for 100 years from Mr.”Z” the actual landlord owner.

Kindly guide me as a tenant’s right in such cases, if landlord is not capable to maintain the premises and demand for rent and threaten other tenants as not to support us or even they will face the consequences.(Ration card and Elec Bill is in our name) and how can I freeze this matter. Please help me!!!

Learning

2 Replies

WFMS (Sr)     05 April 2013

kindly guide

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     20 April 2013

As you are not residing in the house and are not paying the rent,the better course is :

Bargain with the landlord if he is willing to pay for getting peaceful possession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register