Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abbas (Insurance Broking)     08 August 2009

Correction of mother's name in Child Birth Certificate

Dear Sirs,

I would apprecaite if  anyone could help me.

The child is born 1999 and the brith certificate also issued during 1999.  We did not realisethat the mother's name is wrongly mentioned and we did not realise importance at that time.  Now, I am applying passport for my family.  I got the passport for my wife recently.  I am now going to apply passport for my son.  Therefore, I need to correct mother's name in my son's birth certificate.  Previousely the certificate was issued by Panchayat. I have submitted the application to correct mother's name with the prove of 1) Ration card 2) Election Card and 3) mother's birth certificate to the Panchayat.  The VAO signed and forwarded the file to RI and the RI signed and forwarded the file to Thasilthar.  Now the Thasilthar disagrees to sign on the file as he says there is no "Government Order" to correct mother's name on the birth certificate. He said, i will sign if I can bring the copy of GO. We know that it is his duty to find the GO and not easy for me to give copy.

Is there any solution? Could anyone provide me copy of GO?

Thanks in Advance.

Abbas 

Learning

6 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     09 August 2009

Affidavit

I, ---------------- ( S/O, W/O, D/O) --------------------------R/O------------------------ do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:-

1. That the exact spelling of the name of my ( father / mother / child ) is

--------------------------------

2. That at the time of Registration ( Birth ) the ( name ) was entered as ----------------------------------

3. That I hereby declare that the correct name / mother name/ is --------------

4. That I further declare that the place of occurrence ( birth ) is as

follows-----------------

That this is my true statement

Deponent

Verification

Verified at .................... on this -----------day of-----------------month-------------------year that the content of this affidavit are true to b best of my knowledge and nothing has been concealed thereform.

Deponent

For non-institutional events you would need to submit an affidavit (Format attached above) and two of the following authentic documents in support of your claim for correction:-

i. Affidavit

ii. Photocopy of Ration Card

iii. Photocopy of Pass Port

iv. Photocopy of Education Certificate (Mother / Father)

v. Photocopy of Marriage Certificate.

vi. Photocopy election Identity Card

vii. Photocopy of Service Identity Card / CGHS Card etc.

viii. Photocopy Land Paper

ix. Photocopy Bank Documents ( pass book/ FD etc )

x. Original certified letter from two credible person

xi. Permanent Resident Certificate.

Publish the correct name in two newspapers circulated in the area where you normally reside. Attach, the affidavit, proof along with the paper clippings while submitting the passport application. I think it will be sufficient. Don't forget to notarize the affidavit.

Abbas (Insurance Broking)     10 August 2009

Dear Mr.Vishal,

Thank you very much and I will proceed as you said above.

Cheers,

Abbas

bharti (emplyee)     15 October 2014

My son is Three years old. My name on his birth certificate has wrongly entered as Priya that is my after marriage name But my name on all my certificates is Bharti Arora. Now Authority said that they cannot change the mother's name on Birth Certificate of My son. Please tell me the solution of my problem.

Jyoti (Data Entery & Tally)     05 January 2015

My Daughter is Three years old. My name on his birth certificate has wrongly entered as Roshani that is my after marriage name But my name on all my certificates is Jyoti. Now Authority said that they cannot change the mother's name on Birth Certificate of My Daughter. Please tell me the solution of my problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register