LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramchandra (individual)     26 March 2013

Notice to tenants in delipidated old house

My 90 years mother owns ancestral home at village. two tenants are there. since the house is 100 years old and built by wood clay and old fashaned bricks I have earlier given notice to tenants to leave the premises since it is dangerous to live since the house is likely to collapse at any time. In 2003 I have got inspected the house and he certified that it is dengerous house and can call at any time I have sent notice to tenants alongwith architect's certificate under intimation to Police authorities and Muncipal council. Recently I have sent fresh notice through lawyer  to both of tenants one them have replied to my notice and said the house is in good condition and minor repairs are reqauired and to be carried out by owner.  earlier notice was received by his son he claims that hi has not received the notice at all and since we have not informed in advance the architect never visited to that house.

When the tenants himself giving in writing the house is in good condition is it necessary to send notice again. His lawyer maintain that from 2003 onwandard sthe building did not collapse as such the architect's certificate is false. Is this contention is correct. and in case the postaman has given rpad letter to the named person s relatiave is non delivery.

I will be greatful if somebody will reply to my doubts. Thanks in advance

Ramchandra dusane

Learning

1 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     26 March 2013

What is the need of sending notice after notice?

go for litigation on the ground of dilapidated condition of the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register