Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman P (Mr)     24 March 2013

Conditional settlement deed in favour of father Tamilnadu

* Self acquired property residential patta land in sripermbudur area

* Want to execute a Settlement Deed in favour of my father and register it immediately.

* My father has two sons including me.

* Dont want to change my name on patta as long as i am alive.

Question 1

Can you execute a conditional settlement deed reserving life interest.

Question 2

What kind of settlement deed has to be executed so that in case of my passing away, my father has 

full rights to sell the property without any chance of interference by my brother?

Question 3

What kind of settlement deed has to be executed so that in case of my father's passing away, the 

property will be restored in favour of my name without any chance of interference by my brother?

Question 4

In case i have financial difficulty in future and my father wants to help me, Is it possible for my father to execute a settlement deed in favour of me at a later date say after 1-2 years and since i have patta still in my name, i can sell it to overcome financial difficulty?

Thanks

Raman

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 March 2013

You can go for conditional rights relinquish deed.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     25 March 2013

Better to execute a Will instead of Settlement Deed.  So that, property will be in your name and enjoyment till your death and it will pass on to your father, later.  You can cancel it at any time in your life time.  Moreover, it doesn't require stamp duty and registration.

Raman P (Mr)     27 March 2013

Thanks Rajeev and Sridhar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register