LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Annonymous (abc)     24 March 2013

Huf karta rights

My father passed away in 2006. As I was eldest of the three sons, I became the karta of the HUF. However, as I was traveling outside India, I gave limited rights to my second brother to act as a karta on my behalf. I only gave him some specific rights. However, he with his ulterior motives took over as a karta. In 2011, I took away his karta rights by publishing in the newspaper etc and giving a notice to him. Can I be termed as a karta back again or do I have to get the order from the competent court to get my karta rights back. Please advise. I am also looking for a lawyer who has extensive experience in the HUF laws as well as partition of the HUF. I want the lawyer practising in mumbai. Awaiting your urgent response.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 March 2013

What your brother has done it is to be known.  

Annonymous (abc)     24 March 2013

Utilized amounts for him and his family. Froze bank accounts of firms where HUF was a partner. Failed to file the returns. Failed to provide accountability to all the coparceners. Deleted the name of the father from the HUF property and tried to claim as his own although the funds for purchase were paid from HUF account.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register