LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

farha (BDE)     18 March 2013

Fraud in shopping

I  went to one branded shopping mall to purchase dress and i asked them one brand they have cheated me by giving the duplicate brand. having trust on that brand of that shopping mall i didn't checked the brand name which i asked for......after a week wen i checked the brand i found that it was duplicate. please sugesst how can i sue a case on them and under which section???

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 March 2013

file a complaint in consumer forum in your state/city with all the evidences i.e. bill or receipt for the product, 

farha (BDE)     19 March 2013

i missed the bill issued by the mall sir but i have credit card bill in the name of that shoping mall...by showing that can i sue them..............?????

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     20 March 2013

Your credit card bill will not show what you actually purchased. It will only show that some amount has been paid to that company by the Credit Card company against your Card. Even if you have the Bill, even then, it will be difficult for you to prove that the dress you show to the Court was THE dress which the Mall sold to you. I dont think you have a case but others may have an opinion.

farha (BDE)     20 March 2013

no sir...i have barcodes regarding the product which i had purchased....

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     21 March 2013

Dear Ms.Farah,

First check  out whether the Bar-code was supplied by the dress maker or was made by the company. If it was made by the company, it would be difficult for you to prove that the dress you have is the actual dress which the company has supplied to you. Like an automobile or a white good, you can prove with the Serial No. of the Machine embossed on the body. But in my opinion, the consumer goods will be difficult to prove which do not have such identification numbers supplied by the manufacturer. The company will deny your claim. Anyway,think in those terms and tell us.

YFSIndia Order Fulfillment (Order Fulfillment service provider)     03 May 2013

I think if you have any of the mentioned evidences, you can go ahead. And I like the suggestion by the repliers. Good job.

Warehousing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register