Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B IYENGAR (MANAGER)     12 March 2013

Rti

HI ALL,

ONE OF MY FRIEND HAD WORKED WITH GOVT SECTOR. IN THE MONTH OF JUL'12, HE GOT RETIRE FROM THE SERVICE. HE HAD SUBMITTED ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS  TO THE CONCERN DEPARTMENT. BUT HE DID NOT GET RETIRMENT BENIFITS (GROUP INSURANCE AMOUNT & LEAVE ENCASHMENT AMOUNT)

MY QUESTION IS HOW TO PROCEED.......CAN HE FILE A    RTI    CASE AND GET THE COMPENSATION FOR LATE PAYMENT....

IF ANY COMPLAINT HAS TO BE GIVEN TO CONCERN DEPT, PLEASE POST A DRAFT OF THE LETTER.

REQUESTED YOU ALL TO ANSWER ASAP

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.RTI is not a case.It's a tool to empower the citizen of INDIA with the information about the work of the Government and department underneath.

2.A person can use this tool to get the information coming under the RTI Act 2005 as it's his fundamental right coming under Article 21,Art 19 of COI.

3.He can surely demand for the cause under RTI ACT 2005 for the undue delay in getting the retirement benefits for which he completed all the norms.

4.He can also go for CIVIL suit and demand compensation if unexplained delay is done as it has caused a mental agony to him.

5.Denying the information he seeks,provided that the information he is seeking is not exempted under RTI Act 2005, is a gross voilation of his fundamental rights.He may challenge this denial by making a furhter appeal CPIO, and CIC.

6.He can also claim compensation under Cosumer protection Act 1986.

Hope this suffice.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register