LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kunal Singh (NA)     10 March 2013

Is it adultury

My wife having an affair right after marriage. We married after 4 years of live in. She left my home on 01/01/2013. I have tried a lot to bring her back. She now openly admits her relation with that guy and wants mutual divorce. But I am stressed n in depression as it was a love marriage. Her family doesn't support at all. I have recorded her mother's conversation with me where she calls her daughter unfaithful to me. I am still working to get the photographic evidence. I can tell you all the dates when she was with that guy after marriage. I did abuse her and slapped her once when she admitted her likings with the other guy. Please help. She has stopped all the communication with me and uses a new phone number ( Number not in my knowledge )to contact her new found love. Please help

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 March 2013

yes she is guilty of adultery and  you are guilty of domestic violence

(Guest)

@Querist,

Your wife, according to the given information here, is committing the offence of adultery.However, you have no remedy under Criminal law.Adultery can be a ground for divorce if you want so. The Court may,if you prove her adulterous, deny maintenance to her and you may get some mental relief. Talk to her.Make her aware of the legal consequences.But don't overreact.

On the other hand, you can set criminal law in motion for her  lover/boyfriend. You also go for civil suit againt him and claim compensation.

Hope that suffice.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Rishi (Consultant)     11 March 2013

Hi Kunal,

It is 100% adultery, as I am sailing in the same boat.

Kunal Singh (NA)     11 March 2013

Hi Mr Kumar,

How can I set criminal law in motion for her  lover/boyfriend. Do I have to contact a criminal lawer to go for civil suit againt him and claim compensation?

(Guest)

@Querist,

You should hire the services of a criminal lawyer who is also good at civil law or you can hire the respective field's lawyer separately as you wish.You can file 497 for adultery under criminal law suit. Also you can go for civil suit for the mental agony he caused to you. In all these case, you must have solid proof against the lover. So, try obtaining as many evidences as you can.

That's all I have to say about your query.Now for you to act accordingly.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given to my profile page.

[Last Reply to this Thread]

Thanks,

Regards,

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register