LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARUNI SHUKLA (Engineer)     01 March 2013

Fraud internet e-commerce website

I wanted to bring one incident in your knowledge and seek your suggestion on few points. I ordered a product online via timtar.com website on 11 Feb 2013 but till today I have not received my product and also when I reached to then via email or phone multiple time I did not received any response. I also visited its Facebook page and saw that like me there are many other who has faced the same issue. I need your suggestion how I can proceed to prosecute them for frauding with manay people.
1. How I can get details where thsi website was registered.
2. Can I walk in to any police station and file a complaint against them.
3. As the transcation was done how I can get the account details so that It can help my banmker to trrack them as well.

I expect your reposne as early as possible.

Thank You.

Learning

1 Replies

Jatinder Singh (Practising Advocate)     05 March 2013

Dear Aruni,

Your concern is not uncommon these days - there are many others I know who have faced the same problem. If issuing e-mails is not yielding a response, you can send them a legal notice claiming refund of the amount paid along with the legal costs incurred by you for issuing the legal notice. If they still dont reply within the time stipulated by you in the legal notice, you can file a consumer complaint in the district forum of the jurisdiction in which their office is situated. For obtaining the details of the registered office address, you would have to get a search done on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs Website with the name of their company which is obtainable from their website. 

You cannot file a complaint at a police station since it is not a criminal offence. Tracking their account through your banker would not fetch you anything since any bank is duty bound not to disclose its customer's details to any third party.

Hence, issuance of the legal notice as above would be the right thing to do but i suggest that be done after a couple of weeks atleast since you had placed your order only on the Feb 11, 2013. Meanwhile, keep trying to contact them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register