Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SURESH (Jobless)     01 March 2013

Sale of car which has accident case

Hi,

I am from Trichy, Tamilnadu. I had bought a second hand car a few months before. I had changed the ownership of the car in the RC book, but the insurance was not transferred yet then.

In this condition, on national highway, my driver banged the car on a person and the person died in hospital. We had surrendered the car at a near by police station and the next day, we surrendered the driver and taken him on bail and took the car also from police station and shown it to the local RTO office. The car was not taken to court. The case is still on. 

I have 2 queries in this regard: 

1. My family is insisting on selling the car. Am i allowed to sell the car while the case is not closed yet.

2. Will the deceased person's family get insurance money, because the name transfer was done in RC book and not in insurance. 

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 March 2013

No matter how much your car was worth before it was in an accident, damages from an accident can lower the value significantly. Depending on the kind of damage the car sustained, selling it after an accident can be difficult whether you plan to sell it privately or to a dealership

SURESH (Jobless)     02 March 2013

Thanks Mr.Rama Chary, the car did not sustain much damage and is back to its original self after minor repairs.

Its not about money on selling the car, I wanted to know whether there will be any legal constraints on selling it.

And kindly respond to my second query about insurance if any one has expertise in the area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register