Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Helpseeker (Manager)     27 February 2013

Divorce filing

Dear Sirs,

I am planning to file divorce case against my wife, firstly after talking to her for a mutual consent (which looks difficult), and then I will file the case.

My query is, once i file the case, can there be restrictions put on me for moving out of country, as my work needs foreign travel. Also I have been trying for PR for a foreign country, will this step hamper my chances of moving to another country as permanent resident.

Or what other complications are associated with this/what may go wrong?

Regards.

Learning

4 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     27 February 2013

Well Civil Litigation may not put restrictions on your foreign travels, but if wife goes for criminal litigation then you will be at back foot.

As far as ur PR is concerned, it all depends upon the evaluation to be done by the other country of the facts and circumstances of your case.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     27 February 2013

Read abot 125, 498a, 406, dv act

these may come handy to spoil ur life, leave aside ur concerns of foreign travel alone

So launch the weapon of contested divorce with thourogh planning only

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     27 February 2013

Dear Querist

I agree with Mr. Kiran

Helpseeker (Manager)     01 March 2013

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies. My other query was can I pro-actively safegaurd myself in case my wife plans to later file false cases as mentioned by Mr. Lodha. I have been living separately from my wife for last 2 months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register