LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kartik chandra roy (lower division assistant)     25 February 2013

What action should be taken by a criminal court

Here I am giving a full fact so as to know the exact and accurate answer from your side.

Suppose a complaint has been filed before a criminal court and concerned court forwards it to a Police Station to register a case and to submit F.F after investigation. But O/C neither registers the case nor investigates the matter.

After some days, the complainant comes before the court and prays to call for status report of the said complaint case. The court seeks a status report from concerned Police Statiion. But the Officer-In-Charge submits a report that the complaint was endorsed in the name of S.I. Rabin Das(as an example) and said S.I. already transferred and the complaint remained untraced.

Accordingly, the court issues show cause notice to erring Police Official and after receiving the show cause reply from erring officials the court also forwards its copy of order to Inspector General of Police for necessary action. On the next fixed date concerned court receives a letter from Inspector General of Police stating therein that the erring Police personnels are warned to be careful in future. Thus, this is the fully story.

But, now the question is what is next step to take action by the court itself against the erring police officials?????

I hope you will give me an exact and accurate answer to the above question. Thank You.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register